- This event has passed.
Umpire Association of New Jersey High School Clinic
March 10, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$75.00
UMPIRE ASSOCIATION OF NEW JERSEY
30TH ANNUAL UMPIRE MECHANICS CLINIC INFORMATION AND APPLICATION to be held at RUTGERS PREP SCHOOL –
Saturday, March 10, 2018
Dear fellow NJSIAA Umpire,
You are cordially invited to attend the 30TH Annual UANJ Mechanics Clinic, which is being held on March 10, 2018 at Rutgers Prep School in Somerset, New Jersey.
- The cost of the pre-season clinic is just $75. The clinic includes the teaching of proper mechanics to be used on all levels of NJSIAA varsity and sub-varsity baseball AND softball games.
- This is a state wide clinic so please don’t delay in submitting your application to secure your spot for the clinic.
- THIS IS OPEN TO ALL UMPIRES NO MATTER HOW MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE!!!
- We teach from CADET LEVEL UMPIRES to 30 plus year experienced umpires.
The following list of items is what you should expect to receive during the day:
- Clinic T-SHIRT supplied during registration and to be worn during the clinic
- Coffee and donuts upon arrival
- Bag lunch to include sandwich, chips and a soft drink
- Door prizes to be given out during the lunch break
- Mechanics Manuel to include all aspects of umpiring at the high school level
- Guest speaker to give insight to umpiring on the high school level
- Over 200 years of clinician experience
- Certificate of attendance at the conclusion of the clinic
- A GREAT START TO THE UPCOMING HIGH SCHOOL SEASON
This is a great way for NEW/young umpires to learn the proper mechanics that coaches and athletic directors look for in “all” levels of high school baseball/softball in the state of New Jersey.
Representatives from a LICENCSED NJSIAA Sportswear Supplier will be on hand displaying their selection of umpires’ equipment and apparel for you to purchase during the lunch break for the upcoming season.
Clinicians are chosen from various chapters throughout New Jersey. They will be on hand to instruct the “new/younger” umpires and to help improve the experienced umpire with their mechanics.
It is my sincere hope that you’ll be able to join us for what promises to be a great day.
Yours in Better Umpiring,
Marty Clark (DVUA), Mechanics Clinic Chairman
Registration: 8:15 A.M. -8:50 A.M.
Clinic Hours: 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.